Sunday, October 16, 2011

An Intro of a So-called Housewife

Housewife. Sustantivo. Joo boo. Suri rumah. Femme au foyer.

It is about a woman, I mean, a married woman like me, who manages her own household, usually without having PAID employment. And I am happy to do all the chores. Don't complaint. Be grateful. Calling all the single ladies, be prepared, mentally and physically!!
It is exciting to try new things at home such as trying new recipes, decorating, sewing and the list keeps going on and on. Well, I am a full-time homemaker, you see. I have all the time, don't envy me. 

Apparently, I am  more into interior designing. The furniture at my place keep moving here and there, down and up, left and right. What else?? Hahaha.. To be honest, I should have taken architecture or interior course back in those days in university. Regret, the best word. On top of that, I never used my degree in Chemical Engineering although I managed to get 4Flat in my last year of study (saje nak berlagak. Huhu). Let's put that in my 'Regret' list y'all!! 

My story as a housewife began when Balqis was delivered into this world. Balqis is a lovely daughter of mine and she had her babah's look. Only her eyes belong to me. But it's okay then. Did I mentioned to be grateful? Before I had her, I was working as a Section Leader at this Japan Company, where everybody shops here. This job was not in my wish list, not my field of study. Once again, 'Regret' list, where are you? Attended a few interviews, searching for new job in related field, but luck was not on my side. Eventually, suka tak suka pun, I worked there for 2 years 4 months. During my 2 months maternity leave, I decided to quit. I want to taste the satisfaction of raising my daughter with my own hands. And so the first day of work after the long leave, I've handed my resignation notice. I succeed in creating a chaos in the office. The bos, the staffs, even the top management persuaded me to stay. No no no!!! I won't turning back!!

I was officially a housewife on 21st October 2010 (until present)!!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...